Male infertility can occur due to several factors and because of its environmental and psychological pressures on couples, this situation leaves both man and wife in a socially difficult situation, and after a while, it can take the couple to the break from social life altogether. These sperm-based factors, which prevent a man being a father, can usually be genetic or congenital, as well as due to a variety of trauma or disease can develop later.
The problem in men can be identified by a simple semen analysis test called spermiogram. Some of these problems can be solved with drug treatments or with standard IVF treatments. But for such problems like azospermia, sperm donation is the only solution of couples.
What Is Sperm Donation?
Sperm donation, is a case of IVF treatment where no healthy sperm cell collected from father, the sperm cells used from the sperm bank which are precisely selected according to the father’s physical characteristics, structure, ethnicity and blood group, while the egg collected from the mother is fertilized and transferred to the mother.
For many years, Cyprus sperm donation treatment is a preferred method that carried out by our Cyprus Miracle IVF by Dr. Firdevs, in cases where healthy sperm cells cannot be found. In cases where sperm cannot be obtained from the father in the natural way, it is possible to obtain sperm from the TeSA or micro-TESE operations with the help of the needle or tissue retrieval. However, in cases where the father does not produce sperm from birth or is completely reset of sperm due to illnesses or external factors, testicular damage is not possible to obtain sperm either way, and couples are directed to the treatment of sperm donation when they want to have a baby.
Today, although it is possible to detect serious genetic diseases in the mother's womb and terminate the pregnancy, this situation becomes a very difficult trauma in terms of couples. Hence, apart from the reasons mentioned above individually; the man that carries the possibility of a risky disease that can be transferred to newborn or genetically consanguineous issues, are also recommended for this treatment. Thus, couples are ensured to be more peaceful about the health of their babies.
Sperm Donation Stages
- The sperm donation treatment process starts with detailed tests asked from the couples who will be treated in our Cyprus Miracle IVF by Dr. Firdevs and continues with obtaining the physical properties of the father’s hair color, eye color, body structure, blood group etc. After that, sperm donor selection process is started by taking the necessary information. This information can be obtained by e-mail.
- On the 2nd or 3rd day of mother’s menstural period, preparation of the mother's follicules for the treatment starts. This egg development process can be carried out in the city where the couple lives. In this stage, the mother's eggs are developed using several injections. Injection usage period can be 10-12 days approximately. These injections only provide follicule development during that period. They have no effect as extra weight gain or disrupting the menstrual cycle.
- The egg development process ends with a single injection called triggering injection. This injection makes the developing eggs ready for the egg processing.
- At this stage of the sperm donation treatment, approximately 36 hours after the triggering injection, all the follicules formed are collected by our IVF specialist Gyn. Op. Dr. Firdevs Uğuz Tip. As the egg collection process is performed under a very low dose of anesthesia, the mother does not feel any pain or discomfort. This process takes only 10-15 minutes according to the number of eggs. After the procedure, the mother immediately recovers and continues her daily life within 1-2 hours without any discomfort.
- Within the same hour of egg collection, best sperm cells selected from the sperm sample that has arrived from sperm bank for the couple. by our embryologists under special microscope. With selected sperm cells, the mature egg cells of the mother are fertilized directly by ICSI - microinjection method.
- After fertilization, the embryos are left to develop within our special incubators for 3 to 5 days. Embryos may undergo this process in incubator or in an Embryoscope depending on the preference of the couples.
- During this stage Cyprus sperm dpnation treatment, according to the embriyo quality, the best quality embryos are transferred to the mother's womb on 3rd or 5th day of the fertilization,. Embryo transfer process, accompanied by ultrasound, is a painless process. Painless, just like an ultrasound scan. It lasts only 5-10 minutes and the mother is fully awake and follow the transfer of her babies into the her womb.
As Cyprus Miracle IVF by Dr. Firdevs, we are able to transfer 3 embryos and thus increase the chances of pregnancy. In this way, we provide 80-85% success rate which is higher than the world average.
Certified Donors From The World's Largest Sperm Bank
For our Cyprus sperm donation treatment, we work with Cryos International Denmark which is founded in 1981 and known as one of the the largest and most reliable sperm bank of the world since then.
Before the sperm samples are accepted by the Bank, many and detailed tests are carried out and in this way genetic and infectious diseases are examined. Sperms which cannot pass such tests are not accepted in the bank. In this way, there is no question mark in our patients' minds, and they complete their treatment in peace.
Sperm donors are also subjected to psychological and intelligence tests, which are examined in detail by the sperm bank in terms of physical and biological terms. Sperm of donors who cannot exceed the required degree is definitely not accepted. Therefore, the training levels and intelligence levels of sperm donors are high.
As Cyprus Miracle IVF by Dr. Firdevs, we know that couples that struggles with infertiliy issues are much more fragile and they often hide their issues even from their family and close friends. As with any other treatment, for our patients choosing us for donation treatments, we keep the confidentiality of our patients above anything else.
We provide 100% confidentiality for our patients. Since the treatment information is not saved, the identity information of both parties is completely confidential and it is not possible to reach by third party individuals.