High pregnancy rates even in weak sperm cells!
In our Cyprus Miracle IVF by Dr. Firdevs, we use Intracytoplasmic morphologically selected sperm injection (IMSI) technique to select the best sperm cells using a high magnifying light microscope to provide the highest pregnancy rates. With this special technique, morphologically, the most powerful sperms are selected individually within the sperm sample.
In standard techniques, classical microscopes with approximately 400-600 times magnification are used for the selecting of sperm; in IMSI technique, each sperm cell is magnified more than 6000 times, using a reverse light microscope equipped with high-power optics, so that each sperm cell is examined in detail until the nucleus where the genetic material is found.
Medical researches show that with IMSI technique, sperm quality problems are largely resolved and therefore, compared with conventional IVF treatments; with IMSI technique, pregnancy rates in IVF treatments are increasing dramatically and miscarriage due to low sperm quality in pregnancy are decreasing.
In IMSI technique, the size and shape of the sperm head is measured one by one, and abnormalities in the sperm are clearly seen. With the detection of abnormalities that are not likely to seen with standard microscopes, such as DNA damage in the sperm, the injection of damaged sperm into the egg is prevented, thus preventing the development of abnormal embryos. The IMSI system is a unique technology that combines the criteria of the MSOME and Kruger.
Who should have IMSI?
- Men who have morphological (structural) abnormal sperm cells in high percentage
- Men with low sperm count
- Men who have DNA damage in their sperm
- Due to age factor, men who cannot conceive
- Men who have high cigarettes, alcohol, etc. usage
- Couples with recurring failed IVF treatments related to sperm quality
- Although there is no problem with the structure of eggs, couples with recurring miscarriages
- Due to the decrease in the number of eggs, couples who want to increase the chance of fertilization.
Advantages of IMSI
- Choosing the best sperm cell instantly and at once,
- Detection of sperm abnormalities by enlarging each sperm more than 6000 times,
- With fast analysis, the fastest microinjection (ICSI),
- Minimum waiting time for ICSI by preventing time loss in manual sperm selection,
- Growing embryo development,
- Increased pregnancy rates with increased fertilization rates in IVF treatments with weak sperm cells,
- Prevention of sperm damage,
- Images can be shared with couples for detailed information,
- Studies show conclusively that in vitro fertilization treatments performed by selecting one of the best sperm using IMSI technique provides better embryo development, much higher pregnancy rates and less miscarriages.
The IMSI technique is ONLY performed by Cyprus Miracle IVF by Dr. Firdevs in North Cyprus.