Because women are as effective in the business world as men, marriages and pregnancy plans can be delayed accordingly. This reduces the rate of fertility in women, especially in the opposite proportion to the mother's age. Especially after the age of 35, rapid decline in reproductive cells, women can leave in difficult situation.
Due to late-planned marriages, delayed pregnancies due to Career Planning, mandatory treatments, severe illnesses that need to be dealt with, women can lose their fertility without having any more children. In particular, women who have to undergo chemotherapy and radiotherapy will lose their eggs after the treatment, so they want to guarantee their fertility by freezing eggs.
Who Should Make The Egg Freezing Process?
- Those who have not been married or have not made a child's plan, even though they exceed 35 years of age,
- Those who have to postpone the pregnancy due to their career plans,
- Those who has to go through Chemo or other radiation therapies,
- Those who has to go through surgical operations related with ovaries etc.
Egg Freezing Process
The process of egg freezing is proceeding like a IVF treatment. The only difference is that after the egg collection process, it passes directly to the freezing process without fertilization.
Step by step;
- On the 2nd or 3rd day of the menstural period, injection treatment is started to develop the woman's follicules. This developmen process can be carried out in the country or city where the woman is lives,
- After about 10 days of this injections, follicules get ready to hatch with last injection,
- After the last injection, after 35-36 hours, the woman's eggs are collected under anesthesia, within a very short period of time.
- Mature eggs are extracted from the collected eggs and freezing is performed.
For this procedure, only 1 day in Cyprus is enough.